Quince Años Celebrations
The Church is proud to recognize and accompany the young women of our community as they grow in maturity and in their faith and above all as they give thanks to God for the gift of their lives. In recognizing the religious and cultural importance of this event, Holy Cross-IHM parish has designed a program for the purpose of assisting young women, their family, and their friends to become more aware of the value and the authentic meaning behind this celebration. Taking this into account the parish community encourages young women to acknowledge their role in their family and in the community.
Therefore, we organize these celebrations in groups and we encourage and ask the participation of parents and friends.
The following are the requirements for a Quince Años celebration at Holy Cross-Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish:
- The young woman must register in the program at least four months in advance.
- Since this celebration is an expression of faith, it is required that the young woman should have already received the sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist (Communion), and Confirmation or be in a preparation program at the time of her celebration. The quinceañera and both parents must attend a parent-daughter reflection meeting.
- The quinceañera must attend a retreat and if she will be accompanied by a “court” of her friends at the celebration they must also attend the retreat. The date and time will be given at the time the celebration is officially scheduled in the parish office.
- The cost for families that live in our service area or have been registered contributing parishioners for at least the previous six months will be $300. This includes retreat costs and flower & music arrangements for the mass. A non-refundable deposit of $50 will be required to reserve a place in the mass schedule. There is an additional $100 charge for families outside of the service area or not registered contributing parish members.
- Masses for 15 Años celebrations usually take place on designated Saturdays at 11:00 am at Holy Cross Church (46 & Hermitage).
If a family is looking for a simpler way of celebrating someone’s Quince Años, the quinceañera can receive a blessing at any of our Sunday masses accompanied by her parents and other family members. EVEN SO, THESE ARRANGEMENTS MUST BE MADE AT THE PARISH OFFICE AT LEAST FOUR MONTHS IN ADVANCE. If you have further questions or would like to move forward with scheduling a celebration contact Sonia Gomez at the parish office (773. 376-3900) or via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) for an appointment.