The Church is proud to recognize and accompany the young women of our community as they grow in maturity, in their faith and above all as they give thanks to God for the gift of their lives. In recognizing the religious and cultural importance of this event, Holy Cross-IHM parish has designed a program for the purpose of assisting young women, their family, and their friends to become more aware of the value and the authentic meaning behind this celebration. Taking this into account the parish community encourages young women to acknowledge their role in their family and in the community.
Therefore, we organize these celebrations in groups, we encourage and ask the participation of parents and friends.
…. …. …. ….
Requirements The following are the requirements for a Quince Años celebration at Holy Cross-Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish:
- The young woman must register in the program at least four months in advance.
- Since this celebration is an expression of faith, it is required that the young woman should have already received the sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist (Communion), and Confirmation or be in a preparation program at the time of her celebration.
- The quinceañera and both parents must attend a parent-daughter reflection meeting.
- The quinceañera must attend a retreat and if she will be accompanied by a “court” of her friends at the celebration, they must also attend the retreat. The date and time will be given at the time the celebration is officially scheduled in the parish office.
- The administrative fee for families that live in our service area or have been registered contributing parishioners for at least six months will be $350. This includes administrative and retreat costs. Church decorations and music will be an additional $200. A non-refundable deposit of $70 will be required to reserve a place in the mass schedule. There is an additional $150 charge for families outside of the service area or not registered as parish members for a total of $500 for the Mass.
Masses for 15 Años celebrations will ONLY take place on Saturdays at 11:00 am @
Holy Cross Church (46th & Hermitage)